Unitip tooltip in Freeway Pro
Author: Bart de Vreede
Last update: 03-05-2013
To make your website even more attractive you can add tooltips to highlight parts that you think are important and deserve a bit more attention from the visitor.
Hover over the Macbook Pro image below.
To do this we use a bit of code called Unitip and we need to add a bit of code to your Freeway Pro project.
Here we go!
- Download the unitip zip file here Download
- Unzip and upload this folder to the root of your website
- Make sure all the read/write rights are ok for the folder and it's contents (CHMOD). Mine are 755.
- Go to your Freeway Pro project
- On all pages you want to use this effect go to Page / HTML Markup / Before </head> paste the following code
- Change www.yourwebsitesurl.com into your websites url
- Now go to the item on that page you want to apply the tooltip to
- Right click, choose extended and click new
- In the field name fill in class
- In the field Value fill in tool and click ok
- Make sure the item you want the tooltip to be applied to is selected and go to the Inspector Palette
- Go to the third tab and make sure the ALT text box is activated
- The text you type in this ALT text field will be the text used for your tooltip
- Upload your Freeway Pro project to your web server and it should be working
IMPORTANT! This effect will not work on mobile devices since it's needs a mouse pointer to hover over the image with the tooltip applied to it.
>> click here to go back to the homepage