How to apply Simple Site Search to your Freeway Pro website
Author: Bart de Vreede
Last update: 03-05-2013
Freeway Pro comes packed with actions and there are a lot of resources where you can download additional ones. One of the actions in Freeway Pro is the Simple Site Search action. Sometimes people wish to have search functionality on their website. You can use external ones like Google, Atomz or Intrasite, but sometimes simple and functional is just good enough.
This article is not about how this action actually works, but is all about how to make it work in 8 simple steps. Fast and easy.
- Click on your sitefolder (see image)
- Go to Page / Folder actions and click Simple Site Search.
- Go to the page where you want your search box to appear.
- On that page draw a text field (click the HTML button in the top bar and hold this for 1 second).
- Select the text field and go to Element / Freeway Actions and choose Simple Site Search.
- Go to the page or create a new page where you want the search results to appear.
- Go to Insert / Action element and click Simple Site Search. Now draw a box and you will see an example of the search results.
- Click this field and configure this in the actions palette.
That's it!. You're done, upload your project and you should now have search functionality on your Freeway Pro website.
>> click here to go back to the homepage
Article tags: Freeway Pro, actions, search function, Simple Site Search action, Atomz, Intrasite